Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of Consultant Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist.
Creative Youth for Tolerance (CREATE) program aims to improve pluralism and tolerance in schools. Inspired by humanist values, Hivos will implement CREATE that facilitates multi-actor collaboration and partnerships to address interreligious and interethnic harmony in Indonesia. CREATE adopts an innovative arts and culture-based approach as an entry point for efforts to promote tolerance and pluralism at the secondary school level, enhances the capacity and will among young people to constructively manage differences, and provides a counterweight to the intolerant messaging students get from other sources.
The GESI Specialist assists Project Manager and teams in the aspect of project implementation of CREATE including in the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (AMEL) and Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA), plans and implements gender and social inclusion framework to which the project performance adheres and positions it according to both Hivos and project values, identity, standards and formats and tools for internal and external profiling and positioning. Within the partnership, the Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist supports local partners in accomplishing deliverables and ensures they are aligned with the values that Hivos upholds within the GEDI Strategy (Gender Equality and Diversity Inclusion).
Roles & Responsibilities
The GESI Specialist is responsible to:
- Develop gender and social inclusivity strategies.
- Organise and/or maximize the use of the existing tools to mainstream the gender and social inclusion’s values to the program,
- Develop and disseminate related materials and enable Hivos and its partners to implement the CREATE’s program effectively using the appropriate point of views and with the highest standards of gender and social inclusion. This includes but is not limited to: help the CREATE’s team to conduct a survey or assessment of students in all of our target schools to identify any gendered practices or policies affecting girls and women at the school or district level that may not be visible at the national level, develop a comprehensive gender analysis that involves assessment of issues of access, knowledge, beliefs and perceptions, practices and participation, time and space, legal rights and status, as well as power and decision making
Qualifications and Experiences
- Relevant higher professional education level of working and thinking (Bachelor degree or equivalent)
- 3-5 years of work experience in the development and implementation of gender and social inclusion strategy/approach
- Work experience on gender and inclusivity issues, peace and pluralism and/or art and culture based approach
- Work experience in an international environment is preferable.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Experience with campaigning, content management system and preferably image editing
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 28 March 2020, with GESI CREATE as the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/
Opened position for national level/ Indonesian nationality.