Hivos is an international development organization guided by humanist values. Together with citizens and their organizations, we aim to contribute towards just, inclusive and life sustaining societies where people have equal access to opportunities, rights and resources. We work in partnership with others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America on three impact areas: civic rights; gender equality, diversity and inclusion, and climate justice. Our approach is solution driven, and we build wider movements for change by amplifying and connecting voices.
Hivos is currently implementing the We Lead Program in a consortium with Positive Vibes, Restless Development, Fondo Centroamericano de Mujeres (FCAM), FEMNET and Marsa. We Lead is a partnership with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs aimed at supporting young women to claim their SRH-R, saying: ‘Nothing about us without us!’ .The program targets young women and adolescent girls who; live with HIV/AIDS, identify as Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex or Queer; live with disability; and/or are affected by displacement.
The program aims to ensure that rights holders play a leading role in strengthened and inclusive organisations and movements that enjoy increased public support and have convinced duty bearers and health service providers to take steps towards implementing laws, policies and practices that respect and protect these young women’s SRH-R by 2025.
We Lead Intermediate Outcomes
- Strengthened CSOs are inclusive of or led by young women from four rights holder groups, and work together in a CoA to defend and promote their SRH-R.
- The general public increasingly acknowledges and supports young women’s SRH-R.
- Health-service providers are more aware of the SRH-R needs and situation of rights holder groups, and increasingly provide accessible, comprehensive, high-quality, inclusive and respectful SRH-R information and services.
- Duty-bearers increasingly design, adopt and implement laws and policies that respect and protect the SRH-R of young women from rights holder groups.
2. Objective of this consultancy
To assist the We Lead team in translation from English to Portuguese and French and vice versa during a 5 days’ workshop, translation of documents and audio recordings when needed.
3. Deliverables, Services, Milestones
The consultant shall perform the following duties and deliver the outputs below:
- Live translation from English to Portuguese and French and vice versa during a 5 days’ ( 29th Nov – 3rd Dec 2021) workshop
- Translation of documents and
- Translation of audio recordings when needed.
Hivos hereby, would wish to engage the services of a translator hereby referred to as “Consultant” to provide the following services:
- Live translation during meetings
- Written translation of documents from English to Portuguese and French
- Audio translations
- Final service delivery date 3/12/2021
5. Prices and Payment Scheme
Please provide rates for the following:
- Interpretation (oral) per day
- Translation (written) per page
- Audio per minute
And a detailed budget for the 5 days’ workshop in USD to firstname.lastname@example.org
This consultancy will be subjected to withholding tax deducted at the source. The payment will be made upon submission of a fee note duly signed off the We Lead Program Manager on agreed assignment. This consultancy is will be effective from 29th November 2021 and end on 3rd December 2021.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday 17th November, 2021