Project: Free to Be Me
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Hotel: To be confirmed
Meeting: Global Coordination Team Meeting
Duration: 28 February – 4 March 2022
Consultancy Days: 8 days
Hivos is an international development organization guided by humanist values. Together with citizens and their organizations, we aim to contribute towards just, inclusive and life sustaining societies where people have equal access to opportunities, rights and resources. We work in partnership with others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America on three impact areas: civic rights; gender equality, diversity and inclusion, and climate justice. Our approach is solution driven, and we build wider movements for change by amplifying and connecting voices.
About Free to be Me
Free to be Me is an ambitious, daring and innovative program that will help build vibrant LGBTIQ+ movements that are confident and capable to lobby and advocate for their human and economic rights. Hivos is the lead organization in a consortium of three partners; Hivos, Positive Vibes and ILGA World and three technical partners, Global Interfaith Network, Sogie Campaigns and Workplace Pride.
The Free to be Me alliance works in fourteen countries in South East Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, and East, Southern and West Africa where we have a Global Coordination Team.
Free to be Me Hivos is looking to recruit a rapporteur for the Annual Global Coordination Team meeting in Nairobi that is intended to take place from 28 February to 4 March 2022.
Objectives of the GCT Meeting
By the end of the meeting, we hope to:
- Create a space for reflection and understanding of Free to be Me values and principles that guide our ways of working.
- Ensure there is clarity among all partners (‘pointed in the same direction’) in regards with F2BM program: in the short, medium as well as the long term.
- ‘Take a pulse rate’ and ‘verify our bearings’ with the LGBTIQ+ community in all of the F2BM countries.
- Create an opportunity to get to know each other and build the team through social interaction and bonding to enhance collective power.
Purpose, Scope and Objectives of this consultancy
The purpose of the consultancy is to capture the complete notes of the proceedings and produce a report on the proceedings of the five days meetings and recommendations within three working days of the completion of the event.
The report shall include all the presentations made during the seminar, a narrative summary of the proceedings and discussions and the professional observations from the processes and outcomes of the five days meeting.
- Take notes during the meeting
- Deliver daily summary of the day’s session
- Write good quality meeting report
The overall meeting report of maximum 20 pages highlighting the main content of the discussions throughout the event.
The report to include:
- Main proceedings and summaries of each session/ day
- Draft meeting report inputs and recommendations from Hivos
- Compile presentations and photographs, annex them to the main report
The entire assignment will take 8 working days with the following timelines:
- Documenting 5 days of the meeting with 3 days for report writing.
- The draft report is to be shared on 9 March 2022.
- The final report is to be shared by 14 March 2022.
- A member of the queer community
- Past experience in workshop rapporturering
- Excellent writing skills
- Good command of English language
Hivos shall pay a maximum of 150 Euros per day for the assignment. No travel allowances will be provided. The rapporteur will cover any other costs related to this work except lunch, 10am and 4pm tea/refreshments as provided by facility.
Interested candidates can send in their proposal including CV and financial proposal by 24 February 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org