Hivos is looking for a consultant to finalize the development of the We Lead program manual. This manual gathers in one place the way of working and procedures of the program. It serves as a guide and resource for all staff working on the program, both from Hivos, consortium partners and the host organizations.
- ToR: consultant to develop We Lead program manual
- Application deadline: November 23
- Read the Terms of Reference for more information
About We Lead
We Lead to claim our sexual and reproductive health and rights is an innovative and far-reaching program that aims to strengthen the influence and position of young women whose sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRH-R) are neglected the most. It focuses on young women and adolescent girls who: live with HIV; identify as lesbian, bisexual, trans, or intersex (LBTI); live with a disability; and/or are affected by displacement
We Lead is active in nine countries in the Africa, the Middle East and Central America. The five-year program is implemented by a consortium of six organizations (Positive Vibes, Marsa, Restless Development, Central American Women’s Fund, Femnet and Hivos). Hivos is the lead organization.
Hivos is an international organization that works for a world where people can realize their full potential, unleashing their ingenuity and creativity to build fair, just and life-sustaining societies for themselves and generations to come.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a consultant that understands Hivos’ processes and procedures, and particularly the way of working of the We Lead program, and who is able to write these down in a comprehensive and accessible way. The manual will capture Hivos’ internal procedures and processes, as well as procedures and processes relevant for consortium staff and for local facilitators and organizations.
Hivos has an organizational, overarching program manual, as well as various specific program manuals, that can be built on. Moreover, for We Lead a draft manual and outline is already developed, but it needs finalizing.
A comprehensive document in English that is a guide and a reference for Hivos’ and consortium-members, as well as for local facilitators and organizations that work on We Lead. The document consists of three parts:
- We Lead content: overarching Theory of Change, including pathways and main objectives, key strategies to achieve these objectives, and alignment with MoFA framework
- We Lead structures: main actors that are part of We Lead, roles and mandates, coordination and decision-making structures.
- We Lead hands-on guide: practical information about We Lead processes and systems. This part will elaborate information that will be useful for Hivos’ staff, for consortium members and for local facilitators and host organizations.
Who does the consultant respond to?
This assignment is commissioned by the We Lead program team. The consultancy will be supervised by a contact person appointed by Hivos. The contact person will revert to the broader program team and the program manager on more substantive issues.
The consultant will present and discuss the draft document and final document to the Global Coordination Team for feedback and input.
The program manager is responsible for approving the final documents.
How to apply
Please send a letter that highlights your interest in this assignment as well as the experiences, skills and capacities that allow you to successfully fulfil this assignment. Please share Curriculum Vitae to support your letter, and ensure to add a quotation to your documents.
We ask you to send this information by November 23 at the latest on firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: Program Manual Consultant
- November 23 Deadline for sending in expression of interests to Hivos
- November 26 Interviews with candidates realized and preferred candidate selected
- November 29 Contract signed
- December 10 First draft of the document delivered
- December 14 Hivos provides input to the first draft (written, conversation)
- December 17 Final draft of the document ready and presented to Hivos’ team
- December 17 Final written feedback from Hivos and conversation about the content
- January 17 Final document ready
Scope, price and schedule of payments
It is expected that the total assignment will not take more than twelve working days, including the writing, presentations etc. We offer a competitive consultancy fee that takes into consideration years of experience and technical expertise in delivering such assignments.
A first payment of 60% of the total amount will be realized after approval of the first draft. The remaining 40 % will be paid after approval of the final document.