Hivos is seeking a consultant to devise and help initiate a comprehensive donor engagement strategy aimed at identifying and securing European Union (EU) funding in support of Hivos’ Climate Justice impact area in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
Specifically, the consultant will support Hivos in building a strong relationship with the EU on Climate Justice programming by:
- Facilitating and establishing contacts with key staff on the national level in EU country delegations (in Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Lebanon and Jordan), as well as on the regional and global levels (Brussels)
- Providing in-depth knowledge of EU priorities and decision-making structures
- Providing concrete recommendations on how to successfully leverage Hivos MENA Climate Justice programs
- Identify concrete funding opportunities with the EU
1. Produce a report that includes:
- A detailed analysis of decision-making structures and EU priority issues, particularly the EU’s NDICI framework (looking at national, regional and global levels) mapped against Hivos’ Climate Justice strategic priorities and theory of change
- Recommendations on how to enhance name recognition with EU country delegations in Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Lebanon and Jordan, regional decision-making centers and Brussels, including approaches and opportunities to influence priorities and secure consultation on calls for proposals
- Details on key decision-makers within EU country delegations, regional decision-making centers and Brussels focusing on Climate Justice
- The EU’s total current investments, main partners and projects in the MENA countries
- Upcoming national, regional and global funding opportunities on Climate Justice
2. Facilitate and establish contacts with relevant EU staff working on Climate Justice in country delegations, regional decision-making centers and in Brussels according to a proposed action-plan and schedule agreed on by Hivos.
The assignment does not have a fixed location, but proven extensive experience and familiarity with EU country delegations in the MENA focus countries are mandatory. The duration of the assignment is 4 weeks, starting on 5 May 2022. It is anticipated that the assignment will take approximately 10 days (final details on total working days and budget to be confirmed with consultant during contracting).
- Demonstrated experience, connections and track record with EU delegations in at least 3 of the Hivos MENA focus countries, yet able to cover all 5 focus countries under this assignment
- Demonstrable, solid and in-depth knowledge on the EU and the EU’s thematic priorities and funding streams (particularly the NDICI Framework), decision-making structures, processes and people in Brussels and MENA country delegations, its funding streams
- Able to facilitate warm introductions to key decision-makers on Climate Justice in the EU MENA delegations and Brussels
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, resource mobilization and donor engagement.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in report writing.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to apply:
We invite interested consultants with the relevant skills, experience and connections to submit the following:
- An expression of interest demonstrating why you are the right person(s) for this assignment including a proven track record with EU delegations in the MENA region, and in Brussels
- A Curriculum Vitae that supports your expression of interest
- Technical proposal detailing a plan of action, approach, timeline of deliverables and number of working days
- Financial proposal, with a detailed breakdown of costs & inclusive of required taxation
- At least two reference contacts from past/recent and similar work/assignments.
Please send these documents to email@example.com with subject heading: “EU donor engagement consultancy”. The deadline is 10 April 2022. Applications after this date will not be considered.