Hivos seeks qualified candidates to serve as consultant or team of consultants for the ACTION project’s end-line study.
Title : Team of consultant(s) for end-line study ACTION project
Duty station : Jakarta
Number of position : 1 team of consultants
Project : ACTION
Report to : ACTION Project Manager
Duration : April – June 2022
Apply before : March 16, 2022
Hivos received support from the European Union (EU) to implement ACTION (Active Citizens Building Solidarity and Resilience in Response to Covid-19) project in Indonesia. The specific objective of the ACTION is: to enhance poor and marginalized community resilience and solidarity in responding to the impacts of pandemics. The scope of the action covers:
1) support the government at all levels and communities to tackle the public health emergency caused by Covid-19
2) support social and economic recovery, and will be implemented in 5 provinces, 15 sub-districts, 40 villages
The results of this end-line study will contribute to the ACTION end of project evaluation. The ACTION project included a baseline measure of the project’s key indicators shortly after commencement. The end line study is intended to provide an insight into the influence ACTION has had in bringing about change in the same indicators during implementation.
To conduct an end-line study and produce an end-line report for the ACTION project
Scope of work
The team of consultant is expected to work with limited supervision to complete the following tasks on behalf of the ACTION implementing team:
- Desk review ACTION project design documents, baseline report and monitoring and evaluation framework as well as other relevant documents, including the ACTION Project interim report and each consortium member quarterly / final report.
- Develop end-line study plan that includes strategies to collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative data against project targets and indicators from the project DoA, the baseline and monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Conduct a survey of size and quality able to provide a meaningful understanding of progress toward targets and changes in the indicators being measured. The team of consultant shall determine the appropriate sample size for data collection efforts in consultation with Hivos with maximum margin of error 5%. These figures will take into considerations the activities carried out by the project. The sampling criteria and sampling methodology will be clearly described in the end-line report of the consultant.
- Internal meetings and interviews with the ACTION project team (Hivos, CISDI, KAPAL Perempuan, Perkumpulan Pamflet Generasi, PUPUK and SAPDA).
- Analyse and produce an end line report that presents the end-line data compared to baseline data and that highlights significant, important or interesting findings that inform future programming.
- Consultations and/or interviews with relevant stakeholders involved, including government representatives, local communities, CSOs, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Interview project beneficiaries (FGDs and individual interviews with members of community groups, associations, etc.).
Qualifications and experiences
The following are the selection criteria for the team of consultant(s):
- Solid experience and proven track record of carrying out project end-line study for at least 5 years;
- Demonstrable relevant academic and practical experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodology, evaluation design and implementation;
- Proven experience in program design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent and consistent documents;
- Capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary team, including coordinating technical input into a framework;
- Proven experience of using participatory tools as a means of data collection for project evaluation
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
Terms of Reference
For a more detailed Terms of Reference (ToR), please click the following link: https://bit.ly/3BOG2Qg
How to apply?
Interested candidates are requested to submit an electronic copy of their expression of interest/proposal to email@example.com with cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, no later than 16 March 2022.
The expression of interest should also contain a financial quotation. The financial quotation should be submitted in IDR with VAT and should be based on all estimated costs of the assignment including:
- Consulting fees to be charged;
- Projected logistical and other expenses to be incurred.
Please put in email subject: ACTION_EndlineStudy_Name of organization/ company
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hivos is an international development organization based in the Netherlands guided by humanist values. Together with citizens and their organizations, we aim to contribute towards just, inclusive and life sustaining societies where people have equal access to opportunities, rights and resources. We work in partnership with others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America on three impact areas: civic rights; gender equality, diversity and inclusion, and climate justice. Our approach is solution driven, and we build wider movements for change by amplifying and connecting voices.