Hivos seeks qualified candidates to serve as consultant for the ACTION project’s final evaluation.
Title : Consultant for project final evaluation
Duty station : Jakarta
Number of position : an institution or a team of consultants
Project : ACTION
Report to : ACTION Project Manager
Duration : April – June 2022
Apply before : March 16, 2022
Hivos received support from the European Union (EU) to implement ACTION (Active Citizens Building Solidarity and Resilience in Response to Covid-19) Project in Indonesia. The specific objective of the ACTION is to enhance poor and marginalized community resilience and solidarity in responding to the impacts of pandemics. The scope of the action covers:
1) support the government at all levels and communities to tackle the public health emergency caused by Covid-19
2) support social and economic recovery, and will be implemented in 5 provinces, 15 sub-districts, 40 villages.
The main purpose of this final evaluation is:
- To assess the extent to which the project objectives have been achieved and assessing the impact of the project particularly in enhancing poor and marginalised community resilience and solidarity in responding to the impacts of pandemics.
- To assess the sustainability of the project initiatives and its impact to beneficiaries It will also look at strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and challenges and any external factors that have affected the achievement (or non-achievement) of the outcomes and the delivery of the outputs.
- To assess the results, effectiveness, processes and performance of the partners involved in project activities according to the project indicators. It will also identify lessons learnt and good practices for both accountability and learning for possible similar interventions in the future. Consequently, the evaluation is also expected to make detailed recommendations for major stakeholder groups to promote sustainability and long-term impact to the beneficiaries
Scope of work
The project final evaluation is meant to assess the project performance and achievements vis-à-vis the project’s objectives, indicators and results, as well as the impact of the project to the beneficiaries. The final evaluation should be based on the six evaluation criteria from the Development Assistance Committee of the Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD/DAC) – Relevance, Coherence, Effectiveness, Efficiency, Impact, and Sustainability.
Qualifications and experience
The following are the selection criteria for the team of consultant(s):
- Solid experience and proven track record of carrying out project final evaluation for at least 5 years
- Demonstrable relevant academic and practical experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodology, evaluation design and implementation
- Proven experience in program design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent and consistent documents;
- Capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary team, including coordinating technical input into a framework;
- Proven experience of using participatory tools as a means of data collection for project evaluation
- Excellent reporting and communication skills
Terms of Reference
For a more detailed Terms of Reference (ToR), please click the following link: https://bit.ly/3peMECw
How to apply?
Interested candidates are requested to submit an electronic copy of their expression of interest/proposal to email@example.com with cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, no later than March 16, 2022.
The expression of interest should also contain a financial quotation. The financial quotation should be submitted in IDR with VAT and should be based on all estimated costs of the assignment including:
- Consulting fees to be charged
- Projected logistical and other expenses to be incurred
Please put in email subject: ACTION_Final Evaluation_Name of organization/company
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hivos is an international development organization based in the Netherlands guided by humanist values. Together with citizens and their organizations, we aim to contribute towards just, inclusive and life sustaining societies where people have equal access to opportunities, rights and resources. We work in partnership with others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America on three impact areas: civic rights; gender equality, diversity and inclusion, and climate justice. Our approach is solution driven, and we build wider movements for change by amplifying and connecting voices.