Are you a social entrepreneur? Do you have an organization or a business and are you looking to make sustainable social impact? The Hivos Southeast Asia Residency Program might just be for you!
Hivos Residency @ Impact Hub Jakarta is a capacity building program giving social entrepreneurs access to Hivos Southeast Asia’s strong social knowledge and Impact Hub Jakarta’s business development expertise and network. This collaborative program is part of partnership between Hivos Southeast Asia and Impact Hub which aimed to ignite the entrepreneurial spirit and inspire impactful business ideas to solve real social problems.
The program will recruit two fellows whose business ideas focus in addressing renewable energy or sustainable food issues. Within a 3-month period (September – November), the fellows will be closely mentored by Hivos Southeast Asia and Impact Hub Jakarta professionals as well as able to enjoy free access to a coworking space, networking opportunities, events, and trainings. A tailor-made Sustainable Social Impact guideline support is also developed to help shape and develop initiatives of those fellows into sustainable ventures.
Who are the Fellows?
Early-stage social entrepreneurs or business owner and keen to generate social impact out of business or non-profits institution who wish to make the change to becoming social enterprises are eligible to apply.
What are the criteria?
- Business or organization that is already running for 1-2 years (PT or Yayasan are eligible)
- Locally-owned business located in Jakarta (mentorship will take place at Hivos Southeast Asia and Impact Hub Jakarta offices in Jakarta)
- Has a new and innovative solution toward Renewable Energy and/or Sustainable Food issues in Indonesia and addresses the needs or involves both men and women
For Renewable Energy applicants:
The business is based on clean and renewable energy and targets the issue of energy access and efficiency in Indonesia
For Sustainable Food applicants:
- The enterprise has the element of rural-urban linkage
- Preferably, puts consumption angle as the focus. This is in line with Hivos’ belief that food systems need to shift from just producing food to providing sustainable and healthy diets for all.
The Selection process:
To apply for this residency programme visit Astronout
The selected fellows shall be fully committed to attend the schedule led monitoring sessions, take initiative to develop their business idea based on the advised given, and provide progress update to Hivos Southeast Asia and Impact Hub Jakarta based on our monitoring system. At the end of the program, fellows will present their polished business to Hivos Southeast Asia and Impact hub Jakarta audiences.