Is your organization working around climate change adaptation and advocacy, and are you focusing on representing women, youth, urban poor, rural communities, and marginalized groups? Then we have an exciting opportunity for you. The Voices for Just Climate Action program is looking for partners in Tunisia and has issued three grants:
1. Climate grant of up to 100,000 euro for an organization or coalition of organizations
2. Campaign / movement grant of up to 60,000 euro for a coalition of organizations
3. Media fellowship or storytelling grant of up to 50,000 euro for an organization or coalition of organizations
Here’s a brief outline of the Call for Proposals:
Hivos encourages applications from coalitions of local civil society actors (including formal and informal CSOs, CBOs, FBOs, grassroots organizations and local climate action champions) and classic or alternative medias outlets. Coalitions should bridge divides (national-local, urban-rural, gender, youth) and include ‘unusual’ groups.
We additionally welcome proposals from organizations that will support the creation of multi-stakeholder platforms to co-create, document and advocate for local solutions, linking and strengthening existing social and grassroots movements around climate action, Public-Private-Community-Partnerships (PPCs) such as informal social audits by bringing the community, particularly those most vulnerable, and duty bearers together on issues of climate change to influence policy.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Locally registered Tunisian non-profit organizations
- Coalitions, networks, consortiums, and alliances with at least one locally registered Tunisian non-profit organization with sufficient operational and financial management experience
- Applicants with a clean human rights record
- Applicants with track record on developing and advocating for locally shaped climate solutions
- Applicants with the ability to link to and mobilize larger networks or with capacity to access, mobilize, convene, and influence power holders
How to apply?
1. Please read the full Call for Proposals.
3. You can send in proposals to email@example.com please use VCA Movement in the subjectline for the campaign/movement grant, VCA Climate for the climate grant and VCA Media for the media fellowship/storytelling grant.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Essia Guezzi via: firstname.lastname@example.org