1. Contract title
- Digital and Social Media Strategy Consultant for the Regional Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Fund
- East or Southern Africa
3. Contact details:
- Organisation: Hivos Foundation
- Email: email@example.com
- Response Address: 20 Philips Avenue, Belgravia, Harare
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. We cooperate with innovative business, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
We believe in open societies, in which freedom and diversity are valued individually and collectively. Such a society welcomes diversity and offers equal opportunities to all. We also believe in green societies, in which the environment and the planet’s natural resources are protected and used sustainably to the benefit of every living creature on the planet. Open and green societies are interwoven: together they create a free, fair and sustainable world.
Under the current Business Plan, Hivos implements programmes and projects under the following key thematic areas; Women Empowerment, Freedom and Accountability, Sexual Rights and Diversity, Sustainable Food and Renewable Energy.
Hivos Southern Africa Hub, based in Harare is undertaking a diversity of activities in relation to its SRHR portfolio. One of the key mechanisms for its activities is the Regional Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Fund; a regional mechanism set up by Ford Foundation and Hivos Southern Africa in 2010 to strengthen regional work on SRHR with a view to improve coordination efforts and address major Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (ASRHR) issues. The Regional SRHR Fund secured funding from the Swedish Embassy in Lusaka via its Development Cooperation Agency, Sida, to develop and implement a four-year regional programme (in East and Southern Africa) that seeks to strengthen interventions on ASRHR and to amplify its existing work via the Regional SRHR Fund.
Under the current contribution from SIDA, funds have been allocated to establish the RegionalSRHR Fund social media platforms, set up an online database and website page on the main Hivos website to help position RSRHR Fund as a knowledge leader, expand outreach and broaden engagement around Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights. The Regional SRHR Fund see digital platforms to play a key role in building a brand and increasing its visibility by reaching and influencing a wider audience in the SRHR space. To support the undertaking, the Regional-SRHR Fund seeks to engage a digital and social media strategy consultant.
The Regional SRHR Fund is seeking qualified and suitable individuals or companies to provide social media, online database and website management strategy services
Hivos seeks a consultant with the following competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Good analytical, communication and consolidation skills
- Knowledge of current best practices in digital and online communication
- Good digital and social media strategy capacity development skills
- Knowledge of Adolescent SRHR issues is an advantage.
- Experience in advocacy or media campaigns on SRHR
- Capacity to conceptualize and implement digital and social media strategies across countries
- Digital and social media savvy
The Scope of the tender is as follows:
Tenders are invited and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly labelled “Digital and Social Media Strategy Consultant for the Regional SRHR Fund”. Submissions should meet ALL requirements. A Tender submitted for selected parts of the works only or which is incomplete will not be considered.
Open Mini Tender
5. Tender Validity and Format
The tender will be valid from the date of issue to the indicated closing date of 21st February 2022. Bids should be emailed to email@example.com by the 21st February, 2022.
|Type of information
|Completed “Tenderer’s Declaration” document
|This document is signed to show that they have fully understood and accepted the tender document
|TORs Digital and Social Media Strategy Consultant for the Regional SRHR Fund
|Curriculum Vitae (CV): The consultant should send in CV showing required experience
|Hivos can assess the qualifications and experience of the consultant.
|The consultant should send in a CV or list of CVs showing the required experience.
|Technical Proposal on proposed implementation strategies and approaches relevant for the consultancy
|Hivos can assess knowledge on the subject matter
|This includes information highlighting how the consultant meets the technical requirements, skills and competences including information on previous communications and health campaign management.
Concise document of not more than 5 A4 pages.
The consultant should give an overview of availability between 1st March 2022 and 30th September, 2022 and expected fee per day for a maximum of 62 billable days during that period. Fees should be quoted in US$ (USD).
*Hivos will pay based on the daily rate for a maximum of 62 billable days based on performance of consultancy milestones and approval of an invoice submitted monthly
|Provide rates per billable day and the number of days required but not more than 62 billable days.
|Contact details of three valid referees and List of Tenderer’s main customers including any Non-Governmental Organisations and U.N. agencies.
|Hivos can be assured on competency of Tenderer through contacting the Referees. The Tenderer assures Hivos on its experience in the sector.
|Type of contract, period of performance, company name, contact name, telephone number, e-mail
|Certificate of Incorporation and Tax Clearance
If a consultant/an entity is not yet tax compliant, a letter authorising Hivos to withhold tax should be provided as part of the submission. Failure to provide this will attract an appropriate penalty.
|The Tenderer is legally registered and financially sound with valid tax certificates.
|Certified copies of required company documents and valid tax certificate
6. Tender Clarifications
Should any Tenderer have questions to ask or have any doubt about the meaning of the Tender Documents, they should refer them in writing (which will be deemed to be by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org) not later than the 18th of February, 2022. Questions submitted will be issued, together with answers, to all Tenderers. The questions and answers as issued will give no indication of which Tenderer raised the questions.
Questions and answers will not form part of the Tender or the Contract. If, arising from a question, it is necessary to vary the individual Tender Documents, then an Addendum will be issued in accordance with the above procedure.
If for any reason during the Tender period it becomes necessary to vary the Tender Documents, an Addendum will be issued to all Tenderers.
- Hivos may request further information from Tenderers after the submission of their proposal. Any additional information must be provided within five working days.
- Hivos reserves the right to award one or more tenderers for each of the sections
- The onus is on the contractor to ensure that their offer is complete and meets Hivos’ requirements. Failure to comply may lead to the offer being rejected without any reason being given. Therefore, please ensure that you read this document carefully and answer all questions in full.
- Hivos invites proposals from individuals and companies that are legally registered/established in their state of origin and are entitled to perform the obligations of such contracts or engagements.
- To be eligible for participation in this tender procedure, tenderers must prove to the satisfaction of Hivos that they comply with the necessary legal, technical and financial requirements and have the ability to carry out the contract effectively.
- Any attempt by the tenderer to obtain confidential information, enter into unlawful agreements with competitors or influence the evaluation committee or Hivos during the process of examining, clarifying, evaluating and comparing tenders will lead to one or more of the following; disqualification in this tender, rejection of its offer(s)/bid, or legal consequences, or debarred from future tenders/procurements where applicable.
- Tenderers must at all times act loyally and impartially in accordance with the code of conduct of their profession. They must refrain from making public statements about the project or services without Hivos’ prior written approval. They may not commit Hivos in any way without prior written consent.
- Tenderers and their staff are obliged to maintain professional secrecy; all reports, documents and information provided by Hivos are confidential and should be treated as such.
8. Evaluation and selection criteria
Hivos, at its sole discretion, will select the winners of this tender. In order to award the tender Hivos shall consider/perform the following evaluation and selection processes;
- Administrative compliance checks to ensure that all requested information has been submitted;
- Further evaluation shall be done based on rules of origin, economic and financial capacity, professional capacity, technical capacity, compliance with technical specifications and other ancillary requirements included in the tender documents;
- Price, the best value for money which is a combination of quality/price;
9. Language of the procedure
- All written communications for this tender procedure and contract must be in English.
- Hivos reserves the right to alter the date of tender evaluation process stated above and the awarding of contract.
- Hivos reserves the right to alter tender specifications and quantities.
- Hivos reserves the right to cancel this tender process at any time and not to award any contract.
- Hivos reserves the right not to enter into or award a contract as a result of this invitation to tender.
- Hivos shall consider value for money (VFM) and as such does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any tender.
- Hivos shall not be liable in respect of any costs incurred by the Tenderer in the preparation of the offer nor any associated work effort, including the production of presentation materials, brochures, product specifications or manuals for evaluation.
You can download the full text of this tender and the tenderer’s declaration: