Hivos Global Office seeks qualified candidates for the position of
Project Officer Entrepreneurship Support for North Africa
Do you have more than five years of experience in private sector development and working with youth entrepreneurship, incubators, accelerators and impact investment investors and do you have affinity with international cooperation and knowledge of societal and economic developments in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region? We might be looking for you.
Hivos MENA is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy of Project Officer Entrepreneurship Support for our Co-working for Sustainable Employment project. Since January 2016 Hivos has been implementing this project aimed at creating more job opportunities for youth – and especially women – in Algeria, Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia. By providing them with opportunities to start and grow their own business, Hivos strives to enable young men and women to provide themselves with a sustainable income. Activities include support to collaborative spaces, training and mentoring to young (potential) entrepreneurs and access to finance.
As a Project Officer Entrepreneurship support, you are responsible for:
- Management and coordination of the accelerator trajectory of the CwSE project, implemented in Algeria, Egypt, Libya and Tunisia. This entails the following:
- Manage the relationships with local ecosystem building partners (accelerators – incubators – collaborative spaces)
- Ensure that partners implementing the acceleratory trajectory adhere to the project plan and timeline
- Participate in the selection of the start-ups for the accelerator trajectory, including representing Hivos in the selection panels
- Gather technical and financial reports submitted by partners and presenting them to programme manager
- Coordinate support efforts for the ecosystem building partners and start-ups and act as the focal point for the accelerator trajectory
- Management of grants for coworking spaces in the target countries;
- Build linkages with the impact investment trajectory of the project;
- Promote and build effective collaborations between local partners, collaborative spaces, local private sector and youth empowerment organisations;
- Identify and develop synergies with other Hivos projects in the MENA region and Africa.
You are answerable to the Programme Manager Coworking for Sustainable Employment and the Director MENA at Hivos in The Hague.
You have a degree in business, economics, or other relevant field. You have 5+ years’ experience in private sector development and working with youth entrepreneurship, incubators, accelerators and impact investment investors. You have affinity with international cooperation and knowledge of societal and economic developments in the MENA region. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and working attitude, experience with project management and financial administration. Finally, we expect you to have good communication and social interaction skills both verbally and in writing in English. French and/or Arabic is a plus, but not a requirement.
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organisation with very dedicated staff. Employment is offered as per 1 January 2019 for the period of one year with possible extension for a longer period provided new funding becomes available. Depending on your experience your salary will be based on Hivos scales 10 or 11. Travel costs are compensated in accordance with Hivos Regulations. We offer participation in the pension fund.
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
The MENA programme of Hivos supports political, societal and economic processes that aim to foster pluralist and democratic societies with respect for human rights and equal opportunities for all citizens. Hivos MENA collaborates with citizen activists, creative & social entrepreneurs, coworking spaces and supports alternative financial mechanisms such as crowd funding and impact investments.
For more information: Mr. Tini van Goor, Director MENA and Ahmed Sameh, Programme Manager Co-working for Sustainable Employment, tel. +31 70 376 5500.
You can apply before 14 December 2018. Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to email@example.com with reference code 400-22 in the subject line.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.