Do you have experience in fundraising, proposal writing, and project implementation? Do you have good analytical skills and good communication skills? And, do you like to work in complex and challenging environments, especially in the MENA region? Then join our Hivos MENA program team in The Hague, the Netherlands, as our new Project Officer.
The Middle East and North Africa program of Hivos contributes to political and societal processes that aim at societal transformation to pluralist and democratic societies with respect for human rights and equal opportunities for all citizens. It collaborates with a variety of stakeholders including citizen activists and civil society organizations both in the region and in the diaspora to promote respect for fundamental freedoms and enhance the space for citizen participation. Here, you can find more about Hivos programs.
For our Hivos MENA program we are seeking a suitable candidate, with a Dutch passport or residency/work permit to fill the vacancy of Project Officer MENA.
As a Project Officer, you are responsible for different aspects of the Hivos MENA program, including:
- Development and drafting of project proposals for new projects, including monitoring and evaluation, security, and sustainability plans
- Reporting and monitoring and evaluation on implementation of current projects
- Drafting and designing communication materials, pitch documents and other program related materials
- Supporting the team in current projects, including management, implementation and communication with partner organizations and donors
- Assessment and monitoring and evaluation of reports of partner organizations, including entering relevant data in the project administration system
- Perform ad hoc tasks as required within the team
- You are answerable to the Program Manager and the Regional Director Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for a Project Officer who can work under pressure and who is well organized, independent, critical, thorough, and consistent, and who has:
- Completed a relevant education, such as a Political Sciences, International Relations, or any other relevant studies, preferably related to the MENA region.
- At least 4-6-year relevant work experience, preferably in the MENA region and non-profit sector, with ample expertise in successful proposal writing and fundraising, and in implementing complex projects in a volatile country context.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle coordination and implementation of multiple projects simultaneously
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with sensitive information or working in closed environments
- Computer literate, in particular MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Has experience working with or is familiar with PGP, Photoshop, and/or HTML
- Experience or is familiar with Theory of Change and Outcome Harvesting
- Good writing skills in English
- Good communication and strong social interaction skills both verbally and in writing, and basic knowledge of Persian or Arabic is an asset.
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. Employment initially for a period of up to 1 year with a possibility to extend for a longer period, depending on performance and availability of funding. Your salary will depend on experience and relevant education.
We offer a contract for 24-32 hours per week based on Hivos Global Office labor conditions. The gross salary ranges from € 3.282,27 to €4.448,21 per month based on a 36-hour work week.
Want to apply?
Please submit a cover letter and CV by October 1, 2023 at the latest, by clicking on the ‘Apply here’ button. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Candidates are highly encouraged to provide a clear track record in their CV and description in cover letter that matches the requirements of the position elaborated above.
Once selected and interviewed, an assignment will be part of the recruitment process.
Hivos is an international development organization guided by humanist values. Together with citizens and their organizations, we aim to contribute towards just, inclusive and life sustaining societies where people have equal access to opportunities, rights and resources. We work in partnership with others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America on three impact areas: Civic Rights in a Digital Age; Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, and Climate Justice. Our approach is solution driven, and we build wider movements for change by amplifying and connecting voices.