The Programme Officer is expected to be a creative and innovative driving force in the implementation of the country programmes of Making All Voices Count and Open Contracting. The Programme Officer will co-initiate learning and brokering events, identify key partnership opportunities, and co-manage the country implementation plans. The Programme Officer will work closely together with the CED/PM in identifying interesting organizations, individuals and /or initiatives that can contribute to the MAVC and OC objectives. S/he is responsible for due diligence, contracting, monitoring and assessment of partnerships and initiatives. The Programme Officer will also be in charge of populating and updating the grants management system of Hivos.
The Programme Officer will provide technical and administrative (including financial) support to the CED/PM. She will co-manage both MAVC and OC projects, particularly in planning, implementation, monitoring and contributing to the report. The position is Manila-based with occasional travel to monitor program implementation in the Philippines.
Roles and responsibilities
- Collect lessons learned from the projects and assist in developing a plan for future activities.
- Contribute to outcome harvesting and monitoring of relevant indicators of the MAVC and OC projects at the grantee level.
- Provide administrative, finance and logistical support in the preparation and conduct of brokering and learning events.
- With the CED/PM, scout potential grantees, identify, assess and shortlist proposals for possible contracting.
- Identify common capacity building needs of grantees to aid in developing a learning plan for them.
- Maintain high quality of progress documentation.
- Participate in country team meetings and Annual Strategic Meetings.
- Build and strengthen networks and partnerships relevant and/or strategic to the MAVC and OC projects.
- Contribute the production of Annual Report, Midterm Review, and other communication materials.
- Be a member of Hivos overall Open Team and maintain good communication with the other Hivos program officers/ project managers.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree an advantage) in international cooperation, political science, public policy, or other relevant fields
- Minimum of five years working experience in the Philippines
- Thematical knowledge of transparency and accountability, citizen engagement and the use of technology
- Knowledgeable in monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Has a appreciation of the concepts of Theory of Change and Outcomes Harvesting
- You have a keen understanding of country political and social dynamics; analytical and conceptual skills, and ability to translate these into program development
- Self-starter, actively seeks to implement activities that contribute to the projects’ successfulimplementation
- Critical and creative thinker, imaginative, able to think outside the box and make unorthodox connections
- Extensive experience in project management including project administration
- Excellent networking, relationship building and negotiation skills
- Have excellent verbal, writing and communication skills in English
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.