Focus area: Civic Rights in a Digital Age
Start date: ASAP
Scope: Global & Regional
Reports to: Head of Business Development
Will you join us on our mission to ensure societies are more open and inclusive so they enable and safeguard meaningful civic participation of underrepresented voices demanding social justice?
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative and daring, citizens – young and old – entrepreneurs, civil servants and their organizations. We share a dream with them of inclusive societies, based on sustainable economies. To achieve its mission, Hivos implements programs in three impact areas: Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Climate Justice and Civic Rights in a Digital Age. For more information, read Hivos’ Strategic Compass 2021-2024 (https://hivos.org/document/strategic-compass-2021-2024/).
We are looking for a Program Development Manager (PDM) to design new programs, build coalitions and mobilize resources/funding in the area of Civic Rights in a Digital Age.
In this impact area Hivos aims to ensure that digital transformations both increase and safeguard the participation of underrepresented voices and stimulate greater accountability of duty bearers to ensure their inclusion. Key to our approach is that rights holders understand and are able to influence how public and private actors use digital technologies and how this affects their civic rights and access to public resources and services. We encourage and support greater engagement of these groups’ governance processes. In particular, we support CSOs to make use of new national and sub-national policy instruments that expand transparency and accountability mechanisms. We believe capitalizing on decentralization processes will increase government openness and responsiveness to citizen’s actual needs.
What we’re looking for:
The Program Development Manager plays a pivotal role in the heart of Hivos’ programming and excels in writing winning program/project proposals. He/she/they ensures the sustainability of Hivos’ Civic Rights in a Digital Age agenda by securing funding for global and local programs that inspire and have demonstrable impact. The PDM is part of the Business Development Department, works in a global team and reports to the Head of Business Development.
The PDM creates and maintains intimate and productive relationships with (key) funders, civil society – from a national, regional to a global level – and other stakeholders. He/she /they leads business development processes and builds strategic partnerships and consortia for program development and implementation. The PDM will be responsible for raising a specific percentage of Hivos annual income as a result of market analysis and donor capture plans. He/she/they analyzes opportunities, ensures proposals fulfil internal and donor requirements, and translates Hivos conceptual thinking into viable, sustainable and financially sound program propositions.
The PDM works in tandem with Impact Leads in the Strategy & Impact unit to ensure thematically solid propositions in line with Hivos’ strategy. He/she/they liaises with and supports regional hub directors and program managers to develop local, regional and global donor relations, donor intimacy and attractive propositions for funding. With these internal partners, the PDM will scout for – and follow up on – new business development opportunities. Next to that, the PDM supports program managers to develop repeat deals, realize scale and pro-actively involves the senior contract & negotiations officer to ensure deals positively contribute to Hivos’ mission and business continuity.
|RESULT AREAS||RESULT DESCRIPTION||RESULT INDICATOR|
|Assures donor funding through target||Realizes Hivos income from institutional donors in line with strategy and targets through development of new programs and projects in the impact area Civic Rights in a Digital.||Meeting financial target|
|Create investment opportunities||Scouts and plans for the capture of opportunities.||Number of leads generated.|
|Donor account management||Develops and maintains relationships of donor intimacy with key funders.||Ensure Hivos is a preferred supplier of key donors.|
|Partnership building and management||Develops appropriate and interesting partnerships for proposal development. Builds and maintains relationships with partners and donors.||Number and quality of strategic business development partnerships.|
|Viable program propositions.||Develops winning proposals and donor propositions.||Number of proposals donor approved.|
|Project management||Manages BD processes.||Positive appreciation team members of project implementation.|
- At least 7 years of relevant experience and expertise in the fields of Civic Rights in a Digital Age, program/business development and/or account management within the development field.
- Substantial experience and proven success in program/business development and fundraising in the field of human rights, freedom of expression and civic engagement in the Middle East and North Africa. Global experience is also strong preference and advantage.
- Substantial NGO experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and collaborating with strong and capable partner organizations and groups within the development field.
- Able to drive the development of exciting and inspiring propositions and to lead key account management.
- Understands how to gather donor intelligence in order to improve donor account management, with already established donor networks at both regional and global levels.
- Possesses strong coordination and management skills and is able to manage (complex) calls with (large) consortiums across our regions.
- Experienced proposal writer, preferably in a multi-actor, multi-regional context.
- Demonstrably understands market analysis and can use this to advance Hivos’ long-term goals.
- Enterprising personality and outstanding team player. Easy to work with, excellent networking and communications skills to achieve the best possible results.
- High level of verbal and written fluency in English and Arabic. Working knowledge of French is a plus.
- Level skills: cooperation, influence, leadership.
- Job skills: enterprise, relationship management, team player, priority management.
What we offer:
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. We offer a national contract based on Hivos local employment conditions, with a remuneration commensurate with the experience and expertise. Candidate should be resident of duty station and already possess the necessary legal paperwork to work in country at the time of applying to position. Contract renewable depending on performance.
WANT TO APPLY
This job opportunity is open until filled, and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
You must submit both a letter of motivation and resume/CV in English to email@example.com with reference code # 400-52 in subject heading.
Candidates are highly encouraged to provide a clear track record in their CV that matches the requirements of the position elaborated above.
This is a re-advertisement. Those who previously applied, need not apply again.