Hivos is an international development organization guided by humanist values. Together with citizens and their organizations, we aim to contribute towards just, inclusive and life-sustaining societies where people have equal access to opportunities, rights and resources. We work in partnership with others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America on three impact areas: civic rights; gender equality, diversity and inclusion, and climate justice. Our approach is solution driven, and we build wider movements for change by amplifying and connecting voices.
Voice is a Euro 86 million fund for eight years (2016-2024) that targets the most marginalized and discriminated groups in low- and lower-middle income countries. It aims to strengthen the capacity of civil society organizations and representatives of these groups in the field of Lobby and Advocacy. Since the most marginalized and discriminated groups are often hard to reach via regular programming, Voice promotes the use of innovative ideas and strategies, in order to empower these groups and to have their voices heard and respected.
- Vacancy name: Finance Officer Voice
- Reports to: Regional Finance Manager & Voice Finance Coordinator
- Region: Hivos East Africa
- Location: Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania
- Hours: fulltime
- Level: medior
- Salary range: Tsh. Max 4,336,678 per month (Basic)
- Application deadline: 1st July, 2022
Hivos East Africa is recruiting for the position of a (project) Finance Officer who will have the main task to work for the Voice program. In addition, the individual will have responsibility for Hivos’ management accounts, budgets and forecasts. The Finance Officer will also be responsible for financial planning and analysis, and reports to the Regional Finance Manager (RFM) and to the Voice Finance Coordinator.
Program administration duties
- Risk and budget assessments of program implementing partners in Voice
- Assesses audited financial statements of specific Hivos East Africa projects and program partners.
- Review and assess partner finance reports and perform financial inspections of project partners as needed.
- Coordinates fulfilment of financial reporting obligations of projects and programs to different donors.
- Monitors monthly and quarterly project spending for Voice program
- Holds monthly meetings with program managers on finances.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Support the Regional Finance Manager in the preparation and control of Regional Office Budget.
- Weekly payments and posting of transactions in the financial system.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Support the RFM with the preparation of financial reports and statements.
- Assist in the procurement and contracting of services and goods.
- Preparation of monthly payroll and statutory deductions.
- Involvement in budgeting and forecasting in the proposal development process.
- Other ad hoc duties.
- Degree in finance, accounting, business economics or related / similar field and a chartered financial accountant.
- Minimum of five years working experience preferable in an international or donor organization.
- Work experience in complex financial environments and with external customers.
- Expertise in accounting, business economics and project finance management.
- Work experience in a global setting.
- Open-minded, supports Hivos’ values.
- Job skills: customer orientation, independence, accuracy, and collaboration.
- Level skills: conceptual skills, persuasiveness, and decisiveness.
We particularly welcome applications from women, trans and/or intersex people (in the broadest sense of each of these terms). We offer a contract based on Hivos East Africa local labor conditions, with remuneration commensurate with the experience and expertise requested.
Want to Apply?
Submit your application through Bamboo.