Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of Editor for Open Contracting Final Report.
The Hivos Open Contracting Program will end in 2020, it is expected that the spirit of the program carries on beyond the program implementation. Stories on how open contracting can and should better improve public service provisions and help prevent corruption will also need to be shared to inspire civil society and journalists as infomediaries for the public. At the end of this program, we will compile a report which will also contain some of the program achievements in the form of articles and narratives.
Therefore, we will hire an editor to help the Program Manager to ensure that the report and all articles are in line with Hivos communication guidelines.
Edited open contracting program final report
Roles and responsibilities
The consultant is expected to:
- Ensure the contents of the articles are in line with Hivos communication guidelines.
- Provide input and ensure that the content of the final report are in line with the theme decided by the Open Contracting Team
- Make sure the report uses human interest perspective so it can be easily understood by readers
Knowledge and Requirements
The requirements for the Candidate are the followings:
- Indonesian nationals only;
- Has good writing skills;
- Has experiences as working as editor at least five years;
- Able to work independently and take initiatives, but also a team worker;
- Active, dynamic, have willingness and eagerness to learn new ideas;
- Experience in transparency issue is an advantage and;
- Good command in English is an advantage
Service Period & Contract
The candidate will be working as a freelance consultant.
The period of service will be for two months from 1 AugustÂ â€“ 31 SeptemberÂ 2020.
The consultant can work remotely with regular meetings with the Open Contracting team. The consultant will report to the Program Manager and work together with the Communication and Knowledge Management Officer of Hivos Open Contracting Program.
Interested candidates are requested to submit:
- an electronic copy of CV (no more than 3 pages)
- a minimum of 2 writing samples in Indonesian
- a minimum of 2 edited articles, along with the pre-edited ones (if possible)
- requested rate for editing per 1,000 words
Documents shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13 July 2020.
Please put in email subject: Editor – Open Contracting Final Report.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/