Hivos Southeast Asia seeks qualified Filipino candidates for the position of Consultant â€“ Storytelling.
The Consultant for Storytelling works closely with the Open Contracting Program Manager as well as other related stakeholders. The fees are pegged at a maximum of EUR 7,000 and are subjected to 20% withholding tax.
Roles and responsibilities
The Consultant will be tasked to come up with illustrated materials that would: (1) Use a narrative to deliver the message on procurement; (2) Employ a â€œChoose your own adventureâ€ type of storytelling to present variable outcomes; and (3) present procurement information through an infographic.
- Foster awareness among the target population about the existence of procurement processes in the country and the ideals of transparency;
- Explain basic procurement concepts;
- Change the notion that procurement is complicated and restricted to government only;
- Present the various opportunities for obtaining information; and
- Empower the target audience to actively hold government accountable.
The project will be directed at the younger segments of the population â€“ from high school students, college students and young professionals. They comprise a significant part of the population and they are most attuned to technology. Because of social media, they are also likely aware of current events.
Three (3) digital publication projects that address the concerns of Filipinos in the target group relevant to citizen participation and government procurement. Each output will be in comics form to maximize the genreâ€™s potential in youth engagement.
- Informational â€” An infographic about the government procurement process and where information can be found.
- Short comics â€” A series of comic strips that feature daily scenarios showing how government procurement directly affects the lives of Filipino youth.
- Graphic novella â€” An illustrated story focusing on a particular sector of Filipino youth featuring a narrative that will develop the main character/s from being disinterested to engaged. Should time and budget allow, this novella will be created and published online in choose-your-own-adventure format.
Given the scope of work, the consultant can form a team of storytellers and graphic artists to ensure that the deliverables are satisfied and submitted on time.
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing a creative team composed of storytellers, graphic artists
- Demonstrated experience in storytelling, having published stories are an advantage
- Has experience working with civil society organizations and/or actors
- Able to work independently and take initiative, but also a team worker
- Excellent communication skills and ability to create a team spirit
- Excellent command of English, and knowledge of the local dialect is an advantage
- Familiarity with public procurement and open contracting is an advantage
How to apply?
To apply for this consultancy position please submit your CV, your teamâ€™s CV, a sample portfolio of the teamâ€™s work, and a cover letter that includes the proposed fee and execution plan to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to: Â email@example.com with email subject: OC-SC no later than 26 June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/