For its Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of Consultant for Graphic Translation VOICE Indonesia.
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Voice is a programme of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs implemented by a consortium between Oxfam Novib (Netherlands) and Hivos. Voice is an innovative grant facility to support rightsholders and groups facing marginalisation and discrimination in their efforts to exert influence in accessing productive and social services and political participation. Voice operates in contexts where civic space and power is shifting at a fast pace, and often closing rather than opening. Prior to the start of the grant-making, the Voice programme took a close look at these contexts and published a description for each country as well as globally. The analyses guided the planning and Calls for Proposals. This exercise was repeated at a smaller scale in 2018. This year, 2020, is an important year for Voice. It is a year in which we are transitioning from the final full year of the first phase into the preparation of the extension phase (2021-2024). To jumpstart this transition, Voice is holding a Context Analysis in each of its members countries, as well as globally.
Moving forward to the extension phase, this context analysis aims to:
- Review the analyses made before to see shifts in trends and power relations affecting the Voice rightsholder groups;
- Gather diverse views on the general context and the specific reasons why people in a given society are discriminated and/or marginalised;
- Get ideas and suggestions how to focus and frame our Calls for Proposals and what to do more or differently to enhance organisations and rightsholders’ efforts for inclusion and social change; and
- Document the changes thus far observed from the rightsholder groups in relation to the society as a whole
As part of the documentation process, the Voice Indonesia country team is looking for a creative documenter to do a graphic translation of the Context Analysis Report.
Maximum 5-page graphic translation of the report (digitalized).
- Target submission date of workable draft is 22 June 2020. Final output must be submitted on or before 30 June 2020.
- Initial online meeting will be held with Voice representative/s. Follow-up meetings will be held when necessary.
How to apply?
For interested applicants, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, copy furnished to email@example.com (e-mail subject: Voice CA Indonesia – Graphic Translation) no later than 5:00 PM (GMT +8) 12 June, 2020:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief letter of intent including estimated budget for this assignment and a sample work
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/