Request for Expression of Interest
In February 2020, Hivos was granted a contract from the European Union (EU) to implement the 30-month Reforsa Hamutuk Project in Timor-Leste. Implemented by Hivos and local partners, Forum Komunikasaun Ba Feto Timor-Leste (FOKUPERS) & Asosiasaun Chega! Ba Ita (ACbit), the project aims to promote social inclusion and economic development for women survivors and victims of violence in Timor-Leste.
Vacancy name: Consultant for End-line Study & Final Evaluation Reforsa Hamutuk Project
Office: Dili, Timor-Leste
Number of hours: October – December 2022 (3 months)
Deadline: 10 October 2022
The specific objective of Reforsa Hamutuk is to strengthen local NGOs and community organizations in the provision of support for women survivors and victims of violence in order to promote reintegration and access to economic development.
The action is focused on seven target districts: Ainaro, Baucau, Dili, Ermera, Liquicia, Manufahi and Oecusse. These districts were selected because they are home to significant communities of survivors and victims of violence where the local partners work
Purpose & objective
The purposes of the assignment are:
- To collect and analyze the project end-line data based on the project LFA
- To assess the extent to which the project objectives have been achieved and assess the impact of the project, particularly in supporting and advocating the rights of women survivors and victims of conflict and gender-based violence (GBV) in Timor-Leste
- To assess the sustainability of the project initiatives and its impact on beneficiaries. Additionally, also assess strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and challenges and any external factors that have affected the achievement (or non-achievement) of the outcomes and the delivery of the outputs.
- To assess the results, effectiveness, processes and performance of the partners involved in project activities according to the project indicators. It will also identify lessons learned and good practices for both accountability and learning for possible similar interventions in the future. Consequently, the evaluation is also expected to make detailed recommendations for major stakeholder groups to promote sustainability and long-term impact to the beneficiaries.
Knowledge and experience
The following are the selection criteria for the team of consultant(s):
- Solid experience and proven track record of carrying out project evaluations for at least 5 years. Experience(s) in conducting final evaluation of project(s) funded by EU is an added value.
- Demonstrable relevant academic and practical experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodology, evaluation design and implementation.
- Proven experience in program design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent and consistent documents.
- Capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary team, including coordinating technical input into a framework.
- Proven experience of using participatory tools as a means of data collection for project evaluation.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
- Residing in Dili or have team members residing in Dili.
- Fluent in English and Tetun. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and Baikeno is an advantage.
Terms of Reference
For more detailed Term of Reference (ToR) information please click the following link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eSK-ou8vJSLpPFqeGFfYi_TIap57quyD/view
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit an electronic copy of their expression of interest/ proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 10 October 2022
Please put in email subject: Reforsa Hamutuk_Endline & Final Evaluation_Name of organization/ company
Hivos is an international development organization based in the Netherlands guided by humanist values. Together with citizens and their organizations, we aim to contribute towards just, inclusive and life sustaining societies where people have equal access to opportunities, rights and resources. We work in partnership with others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America on three impact areas: Civic Rights in a Digital Age; Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, and Climate Justice. Our approach is solution driven, and we build wider movements for change by amplifying and connecting voices.